Reality tv is my guilty pleasure. (Aside from Scandal, of course!) Embarrassingly, it seems like the more ratchet and drama filled the show is, the more I like it! Wait... Does that make me ratchet? Ehh, oh well!
Last night I watched Married to Medicine, and I was appalled! When I'm watching shows like Love and Hip Hop Atlanta or The Real Housewives of New Jersey, I expect to see a little bit of drink throwing, table shaking, and choice words. BUT to see two fully grown women( Mariah Huq and Toya Bush-Harris) fighting in ball gowns at a formal black-tie event was beyond embarrassing. Not the Hunt Club. Not a Wu-Tang concert. But at a formal, black-tie event. That's like me being at the Grammy's and walking by and knocking Rihanna over the head with my clutch because she said something I didn't like. There we are, dresses flying up, weave tangling, behaving like animals. Embarrassing right? These women seemed to have forgotten where they were that quickly. Now, I am aware that sometimes people push your buttons, and you want to get a little scrappy and "put the paws on 'em." Believe me. I know all too well and completely understand, but when at a formal function, you have to put the paws away for a moment and remember where you are. At least wait until you leave the party, maybe? No? Ok. However, in that moment of clutch slapping, knee scraping, weave pulling madness, it was clear that neither of the women took a minute to think of how this would affect their reputations or their husbands'! Their husbands are doctors and were at an event with some of their closest colleagues. How ironic that Toya's husband was still at work dealing with people's bruises, and Mariah's husband in the corner talking doctor talk, discussing bruises, only to look over and see his wife slapping, swinging, and falling over tables getting bruised! If that was not bad enough, Dr. Huq then had to see his mother-in-law(or Flava Flav, hard to distinguish between the two) running over to bang another woman over the head with her clutch while his wife continued to be Rocky Balboa. I admit, the event looked like it needed a little livening up, but my gosh, I don't think that was the type of "excitement" guests were expecting!
To make it even more embarrassing, both Mariah and Toya took to Twitter. Both were RTing comments that were slamming the other. One moment they were saying how they regretted fighting, and the next moment, I see RTs saying, "Girl, she deserved to get that a%$ beat." "Mariah and her mom or both ghetto." "Mariah, thank you for fixing Toya's hair. It looked much better after the fight." What the heck? I thought you both felt bad?! Two more people have fallen victime to the Twitter trap, and have allowed their "genius fans" to get them fired up once more! Oh dear, I guess the saying holds true. You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl.
 |
| Mariah Huq |
 |
| Tweets from Mariah's page: @iluvmariah |
 |
| Toya Bush- Harris |
 |
| Tweets from Toya's page: @Tweet_Toya |
 |
| Married to Medicine full cast |
No comments:
Post a Comment