"Man, I can't wait until I start making a lot of money?"
"I'll be so happy when I get rid of this '90 Buick."
"Whoo, I'll be so happy when I can finally get that virgin hair weave instead of this shiny looking yaky hair."
We have and all know someone who has made a statement like this. I know I do. I used to drive a 2000 Kia Sephia. The paint was fading, and it had little rust spots all over it. Not to mention, it used to skee-wee every time I cranked it, and if I wanted to turn on the AC, oh boy, KiKi would really act a fool! I used to always talk about how I could not wait until I got another car. I was so ready to get rid of KiKi, UNTIL.....somebody rear ended it! Then I was without a car of my own for 8 months! I would have given anything to get my skee-weeing, rusty spotted, squeaky braked, car back. Losing my car made me realize that I should have been happy with what I had when I had it.
You have to learn to get excited about the things you have right now. If you can't afford that expensive weave, you better wear and flat iron that yaky until you can't flat iron it anymore! Drive that old Buick until it leans to the side! Learn to be appreciative and happy of where you are right now. When you learn to get happy where you are right now and the things you do have, it makes life so much easier. Better things will come in the future, but until then, you wear that yaky weave and drive that Buick proudly!Stop looking at what the next person has and comparing your situations Because when you do that, you are setting yourself up for failure. Let's say you just got an '08 Lexus. You are proud as heck of your new car because it is a HUGE step up from that Buick. Well, your neighbor pulls up in his new '13 Range Rover. Ahh snap! All of sudden that Lexus doesn't seems so hot! Stop! Don't you think it! You just better look at what you came up from and get happy again! Shine that Lexus up, and keep it moving! Or let's say you just got your hair done. Baby, that stylist laid that yaky too well! Then you get in class and see the girl beside you with her virgin Brazilian weave. She's just shaking it too. Hmph! Well, you just start shaking that yaky, and carry on! Learn to be happy with what YOU have, and see how things begin to change!!
Wow that was great!
ReplyDeleteTook the words right out of my mouth. This is TOTALLY where I am now.
ReplyDeleteWell put. I can relate with the struggle and internal conflicts of trying to keep up with the Joneses; however, I always thought yaky, on the other hand, was the best weave money could buy... Guess not.
ReplyDelete