I am so happy that I had the privilege to attend the premiere of The Best Man Holiday in Atlantic Station. I was even happier that I got the chance to see Morris Chestnut up close and personal! All I can say is that God took His time with that creation. Yes. Lord!
But, can you believe that "The Best Man" came out in 1999? That was 14 years ago! I was nine years old! Nine! Most of us were either in elementary school, middle school, or high school, and we all can remember this movie. Murph about to go into a coma from Candy's erotic dance. Harper about to get thrown from a building by Lance for helping Mia with more than the school newspaper, if you know what I mean. Ahh, the memories. That movie is something like a classic, and everyone knows how tough it is to make a sequel as good or better than the first. So, naturally I was a bit skeptical about The Best Man Holiday because I didn't understand how Malcolm D. Lee was going to create such greatness again. Oh, but let me tell you, he definitely pulled it off! I absolutely loved The Best Man Holiday. It's not some cheesy cliché, which can be quite common in some films. It was very well written and thought out.
I laughed, cried,
Did Harper write another hit book? Will he and Lance ever be close again? What ever happened to Shelby after Murph dumped her? Did she and all of her money-hungry ways finally snag a millionaire? How are Lance and Mia? Is Jordan still all work and no play? Will she and Robin ever be cool? So many questions! Hmmmm... I hope you all enjoy The Best Man Holiday as much as I did. Here's a little preview to get you in the mood. In theaters Friday, November 15, 2013!
![]() |
| Morris Chestnut and Regina Hall speaking about The Best Man Holiday. |


I'm really ready to see it now! Thanks for the insight friend :). Great blog.
ReplyDeleteGreat Post April! I loved The Best Man and the sequel did not disappoint!
ReplyDelete