Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Glittering But Not Gold!

You know how it goes. You sit down to do homeork or something important, but somehow, you manage to make your way to Facebook. Look at your newsfeed, and lo and behold! Somebody else from high school has gotten married, engaged, or in some sort of relationship! Then quietly to yourself (rather you admit it or not) you find yourself thinking, "Am I the ONLY one who's still single?!" Or am I the only one who does this? However, the longer I sit there and wonder, something becomes a bit clearer. HALF, if not more, of the relationships that I know of are not as grand as they appear.. Umm hmmm.. I said it.. They sure aren't! Of course there are some who are good, and I applaud those and wish much happiness! The couples who are healthy and functioning well are the "chill" ones. Yeah, everybody knows their together, but everybody doesn't know their business. They might make a FB status or tweet every now and then about their significant other, but other than that, their very low key. They keep their business to themselves, which is how it should be.This couple is my favorite. Oh but then, you have the couples who just run ALL THE WAY OUT, meaning they just have to do the ABSOLUTE most! Since I'm talking couples, I'll just hit on two: the boastful broadcasters and the dysfunctional duds.


1. Boastful Broadcasters- I'm sure EVERYBODY knows a couple like this! I mean you log onto any social networking site and you see a status, tweet, post or whatever else about how amazing this person's mate is. "Oh Jack Frack is the most amazing bf in the world. Jack Frack bought me this. Jack Frack bought me that. Jack Frack is taking me to Waffle House. Jack Frack, Jack Frack." GOODNESS GRACIOUS! How do you even have time to spend with Jack Frack if you're broadcasting everything?! I'm just wondering.. Heck, they even broadcast the relationship outside of social networking. You can be sitting down discussing politics, and somehow Jack Frack has found his way into the converstaion! Uh, what does Jack Frack have to do with politics? Exactly. This couple just has to let everybody knows what's going on in thier relationship. Just like they broadcast the good, you better believe they broadcast the bad as well. One week later you'll see updates like this:"Just cant trust people these days. I was so good to him." or "It was all good just a week ago." Then automatically you're like, "Jack Frack and Molly must be having problems."Just a word of advice, if you're having trouble in a relationship, a person should not be able to tell everything that's going on with the two of you by your tweets.

2. Dysfunctional Duds-I cannot think of any other word but sis to describe this couple. EVERYBODY thinks they need to be apart from each other because they are just not healthy for each other! This couple breaks up literally every week, but if you ask how everything's going, they will say great! Great? Uh,were you two not in the paper last week about a domestic dispute? They seem to have problem after problem. Of course every relationship has its problems, but these are a bit extreme! He or she cheats (every week or so). They fight. Police are called. Reports are filed, but two days later, they're back in love again. This doesn't just happen once. It happens way too often! It's like a cycle. See what I mean? Dysfunctional! I'm no relationship expert, but I'm sure a relationship isn't supposed to leave a person with bruises and black eyes. Whatever it is, I will do fine without it!

As of today, I'm in no type of relationship, and if I had to be in a relationship like either of these, well I'd rather be alone...with an apartment full of cats!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment