It is I who grace your screens once more. I apologize for not blogging as often as I should. Things have been beyond hectic.. Let's just say that when you're a senior in college with graduation two months away, life GETS REAL! Anyway, earlier this week when I was browsing Twitter, I saw that there was much talk about a gay Kappa wedding that was causing quite the stir. As if there aren't more important things to be concerned with, like the upcoming presidential election.
I read a few articles, and it seem that most people are so upset because it was a Kappa wedding, and for those of you who do not know, Kappa is short for the historically black fraternity, Kappa Alpa Psi. First off, let me start by saying that it was one heck of a celebration! Beautiful!
Secondly, seriously, what is the big deal? This is NOT the first gay wedding, people! Oh, is it because one of the guys is a Kappa? Oh, yeah that makes sense because clearly there are absolutely NO homosexual people in any other Greek-lettered organizations. Yeah, right! Don't act like you've never heard of a gay Kappa! I know quite a few people who are homosexual in sororities and fraternities, and if they aren't public with it, believe me, we can tell. If he was not a Kappa, noone would care, but because he is, it's a big deal. At the end of the day, who cares. No one walking this earth has the power to judge. No, you might not be gay, but I'm pretty sure you're doing some other stuff that might not be so holy! Hmph! Just think about that! I just wish more people would get this excited about this upcoming election and other important issues rather than things like this because this wedding will not affect your finacial aid, taxes, etc! This election on the other hand..... Think about it!
Link to the wedding below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExBdWrskr8
No comments:
Post a Comment