Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Big City Movin'

I haven't blogged in forever! Forgive me readers! I will do better! Between moving, graduating, and Scandal Thursdays, things got pretty bizzaayyyy (busy)! To fill you in on what's been going on, I graduated college, moved out of my apartment, and made one of the BIGGEST MOVES OF MY LIFE!

As JCole said, "This is the story of a young one dreaming. Left his home to see if he could become what he['s] dreaming." Well, I did just that. I moved from the state I've known and loved all my life to a place where the driving is hectic, the people are, uh, less friendly, and everyone seems to speak Spanish except me! I guess I should have paid more attention in Senor Jackson's Spanish class because it is REAL in these South Florida streets, highways, gas stations, etc. I have a LOT of adjusting to do! Whoo!

Before I moved down here, I told someone about my plans to move. Now, instead of congratulating me and wishing me well, the person proceeds to say, in so many words, that I would not make it in Miami. The nerve of this BUFFOON! I had to look at the phone for a second, and then I politely ended the conversation. Lucky for that person I had just finished reading the Bible, or else the conversation would have gone a little bit differently.

Well, I have news for that person and those who share similar thoughts, I'm doing just fine. The doubt and negativity only pushes me harder. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I am well on my way. So, please, continue to give me a reason to become a friggin' BEAST.  :-) Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the good, the bad, the ugly. I'll be sure to blog about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment