Bet you thought this was about sex! Oh, that dirty mind!
I recently heard a snippet of Drake's new record, "Started from the Bottom." I started to rock a little bit, then added the head nod, and in a few seconds I was in a full out jig! After I calmed myself down and really listened to the words, I thought of my friends and our present situations. We are starting from the VERY bottom, but we're all GRINDING (#NoPrettyRicky) to make some things happen. So, it's only a matter of time before we reach the top!
My friends, like me, are hungry. I mean, we are STARVING...for success., and we are trying to eat, baby! We aren't satisfied with average. We aren't content with mediocre. We want the best and will not accept anything less than that. A friend of mine once said, "You hear people all the time talking about how they just want to be comfortable. I'm not tryna' be comfortable. I'm tryna' ball!" I couldn't agree more!
But in order to "ball" and be above average, I know that I have to work my ass off. Anybody can be average, but it takes a dedicated person to be GREAT. If that means pulling all-nighters to study material and get stuff done, I'll do it . If that means running across town get whoever coffee, I'll do it. "Would you like a scone or biscotti with that coffee?" I would be just like Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada! But nowadays it seems like everybody wants success, money, cars, mansions, etc., but nobody wants to work for it. Instead of trying to get it, you're out there trying to take breaks! Every 5 minutes you're taking a break talking about, "I'm tied (tired)." LAWD! How are you tired?! You haven't worked for more than 5 minutes! But just remember while you're taking those breaks, somebody else out there is grinding. I mean he/she is out to get it! And in order to get it, you have to be willing to put in WORK! It won't be easy, but you have to keep in your mind that it's worth it. If you're not where you want to be yet, that is FINE! We all have to start somewhere. The important thing to do is just start!
No comments:
Post a Comment