Friday, February 8, 2013

You Allow It. You Deserve It.

We see it time and time again. People selling themselves short. Putting up with crap from buffoons when they don't even have to, draining themselves physically, mentally, and/or emotionally. It took a good friend of mine giving me tough love for me to realize what I was doing to myself. I mean, you know when somebody hits you with the truth so hard, you have to look around, blink, and whatever else to make sure they really said what they said. But sometimes, that strong, bus driver uppercut dose of truth is what we need!

I can't count how many people I know who are going, have gone, or will go through a situation where they put up with something they don't have to, myself included. I actually did, until I made up in my mind that I deserved better. It's one thing to SAY that you deserve better, but it's a whole other ball game to actually BELIEVE it. If you keep saying that you deserve better yet keep accepting and putting up with the same stuff, you obviously don't believe what you're saying. Because if you did, you wouldn't continue to accept it. People can only do to you what you allow them. If somebody is making you cry everyday, you're allowing them to. If somebody is dogging you out, it's because you are letting them. I mean you are just letting Joe Smoe or Berdine Jackson ruin your whole day! Your whole day, though?! Are Joe and Berdine that extraordinary that they have the power to ruin your ENTIRE DAY? I bet they aren't. No one should have that much power over your life. Like this poet Dana Gilmore said, when you really think about it, the person you are taking crap from is probably so AVERAGE! Doing average crap! So that either makes you average, or you aren't living up to your potential(paraphrased heavily)!  Sometimes you just have to take a step back, do some soul searching, and wake the hell up! If that means laying down thinking or riding around listening to some Mary J. Blige, Adele, or even Lil Boosie's "Why You Thug Me Like That", do what you need to do!

When you truly believe you deserve better, that's when you get results. Trust, I am a living witness! Life is too short to be anything but happy. If a person is not adding to that happiness, you need to pull over at the train station and let 'em off! And then pull that train out of the station, baby! Choo-choo happily down that track! There's no telling who's waiting at the end! Have a good weekend, folks!





The Dana Gilmore videos that I LOVE! My favs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aSPYcjspgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yawijWkvGk





No comments:

Post a Comment