Sunday, July 8, 2012

Say What?!

Today, I called my mom, bawling. Of course she thought someone had snuck up behind me and hit me over the head, or that I had wrecked a car, again, or something horrid because I could barely talk. You know how it is when you got a spanking when you were little and tried to talk between breaths? Yeah, it's bad! So you can imagine how hard I was crying, as well as the unattractive faces I was making. I was snotty nosed and ugly faced because for the life of me I could not understand how some people could be so twisted. Of course my mom took it to the Bible, giving examples of how people used to do Jesus! Ultimately, it made me feel ten times better.

So, after I got all that sapness out of my system, I thought to myself: Why in the HECK was I in distraught over people who could do nothing positive for me. Sometimes you have to sit and ask yourself, what is this person doing for me, positively. Really ask yourself that. See it for what it really is. Like the saying goes, when people show you who they are, believe them. Even when it's hard to do so. A lot of the time, we see people as we want them to be instead of who they really are. People show their true colors little by little, everyday, but most of the time we make excuses for them and brush them under that old dingy rug!

Well, the excuses have to stop someday. There are only so many times you can excuse someone for doing the exact thing over and over. Stop paying so much to what people say, and start watching what they do. Be quiet sometimes and just watch. You'll be surprised at how much you find out by just observing. I don't care how good a person may seem, if they have bad intentions, it will show in some sort of way, even in the smallest form.

I was trying to explain to my mom that nowadays it's so tricky to pick out who's real and who's not. These buffoons will smile in your face, break bread, tortilla chips, and everything else with you. Their actions are visible, but their motives are kept secret. I'm not saying don't trust anyone, definitely not saying that. I'm saying be careful WHO you trust because one of the worst things ever is to put your trust in someone who means you no good. So, I said all this just to say, be alert of the people around you because everyone is not as they appear to be. While you're at the table breaking bread or chips over cheese or salsa, take a look over that margarita or beer glass and observe. Because you too, might be in the presence of a Judas!

No comments:

Post a Comment