Yep, I said it. It starts with a "P" and ends with a "Y".
PRIORITY!
What did you guys think I meant? Geez. Get those minds out of the gutter!
If you're like me, sometimes you get your priorities mixed up. You would rather buy what you want opposed to what you need. I know you would much rather spend money on something you actually want, like that new MK or Louis V bag or those Jordans, LeBrons, or whatever! But let's face it! You have bills, baby! So that bag or those shoes will just have to wait because they're not a priority. I mean you can make it a priority but then you'll have a bag with no money, and J's on your feet that no one will actually see because you don't even have money to go anywhere. I guess you can walk around a mall or stand outside the club since that's free.
Prioritizing means that you sometimes have to make sacrifices. You have to put aside something you really want for another thats more important. Trust me, I know. I love weave! I do not, will not, can not, and shall not deny it! Whoo! I just came across a lady who does really good weaves, and she said that it'd cost me $500 at the least. Say what now? As bad as I want this lady to do my hair, I'm smart enough to know that it would not be wise of me to spend this amount on hair when I have more important things to take care of. So I told her to have a nice day, and that it was good talking to her! No ma'am, I don't quite have time for that.
Sometimes you have to ask yourself, do I really NEED this or do I just WANT it. You even have to ask yourself this with people. Who is superior in rank, position, or privilege? Who is your PRIORITY? Sometimes you can make someone else the number one priority in your life when they are not doing the same for you! You're lucky if you even make it to the top 12 on their list. If a person is making more transactions that they are deposits, you may want to check your list. I mean they are just taking all your time, energy, money, whatever; yet they aren't giving you anything meaningful in return. So there you are just broke down, broken hearted, and every other "broke" you can be! I'm no Dr. Phil, but I'm pretty sure that person should not be a priority in your life. I know we can all get our priorities a little fuzzy sometimes. Hey, it happens, but the important thing is to refocus those priorities and get things on track! So, what's the number one priority in your life?
Check those priorities, folks!
Dang! So this is the word...haha good post though! Often people get their priorities tangled and need a little reality check to get on order!
ReplyDeleteEven til this day I know and can say that my priorities are all scrambled up... Yet even when I know what I must do I still fall by the way side and choose that other option that makes me feel good... I mean.. Who wants to pay rent or tuition, in my case... Hell I'd rather buy this new outfit, shoes, or outstanding weave... But as reality sets in I realize what option I should be chosen... Sometimes the realization is just too late... GOOD TOPIC ASW!!!!!
ReplyDelete